Covid Safety Information
Our services continue to be available to the public as before, but we ask that our patients only enter the medical centre if they have a face-to-face appointment booked, have something to collect or drop off, or if they have been asked to attend by a member of staff.
Before coming into Dunbar Medical Centre, latest guidance from the Scottish Government is that we ask the following questions. You may find it helpful to review these in advance to help our reception teams quickly process your call:
- Do you or any member of your household/family have a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 diagnosed in the last 14 days?
- Do you or any member of your household/family have suspected COVID-19 and are waiting for a COVID-19 test result?
- Have you travelled internationally in the last 10 days to a country that is on the Government red list?
- Have you had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, or been in isolation with a suspected case in the last 10 days?
- Do you have any of the following symptoms;
- High temperature or fever?
- New, continuous cough?
- A loss or alteration to taste or smell?
- Do you have any new or worsening respiratory symptoms not already mentioned which suggest you may have a respiratory virus? (See note below)
- Have you been had a laboratory test with a confirmed respiratory virus/infection such as Influenza in the last 14 days?
Please always wear a face covering when inside the medical centre. If you are exempt from this we ask that you wear one of the visors provided at the entrance. Patients who are exempt from wearing a face covering should discuss a suitable alternative plan with their health professional in order to keep everyone safe.
If you are due to attend the medical centre, and you think you have covid symptoms or are self-isolating, please phone in advance to let us know. Arrangements will then be made to ensure that you have access to the appropriate treatment whilst maintaining the safety of you and others in the building.
We launched this website in June 2020 to provide information for patients served by Dunbar Medical Centre (comprising Cromwell Harbour, Lauderdale and Whitesands Medical Practices). We also want to highlight opportunities for working, training and learning with the team at DMC.
We have developed this site with the help of our Patient Participation Group and the Student Council of Dunbar Grammar School, to whom we are grateful for their helpful comments.
We welcome feedback on how we can make this site better. Please contact your practice reception if you have any suggestions.
For more information, visit our Covid-19 advice page >> Covid-19 Info